With the advent of online backup technology, a lot of people get confused on how to choose among the many cloud storage providers in the market.
What makes it harder to choose is that these companies seem to offer the same services and perks of switching to online storage. They all tell you that their services are more convenient, accessible, reliable, and very easy to use. They also have almost the same prices for the same amount of storage they offer. And not only that, each seems to prove that they are better than the others.
In order to differentiate between online backup providers you need to remember a few things:
1. Not all providers are secure. You need to know first what type of encryption methods they use on their servers. They should have the latest technology in securing data and should show proof of constant updates in order to be safe against hackers, malware, and viruses that litter on the internet.
2. A company should prove that they comply with government issued safety standards in the industry. Complying with the government requirements ensures that everything they do is regulated and that it is safe to deal any business with them.
3. Not all has multiple options in restoring files. Although they will assure you that all of your data are kept safe, you have to recognize the possibility of encountering technical difficulties in the system. These glitches are fine provided that the online backup providers have their set of methods that will recover data from their system. They should have more than two methods of restoring data in case the first one will not work.
4. The company should provide an avenue where a user can learn about its services. They should provide an online backup blog that has all the information about the different services that the offer. The online backup blog can also be a area where they can learn about simple troubleshooting steps, or any pertinent information to the system.
5. Finally, the best cloud storage providers have a dedicated team who will cater to their clients’ inquiries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not all providers see the importance of having a team who assures the clients when any technical glitch happens. This gives them extra points for being attentive and makes them more reliable than other companies.
Finding the best online cloud storage provider may be a bit too difficult at first but you can spot the differences by identifying where a company lacks or where it excels. You have to note that it is crucial that you choose your online backup service provider exceptionally well since they are the ones who will take care of your files and make sure that they are kept safe on its servers.
Failure to do so will surely cost you more than the amount you paid for the company as you will lose precious data like your treasured photos, videos, music, and documents that were collected through the years.